Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Oracle Security Patch issue
Oracle Security Patch issue [message #63913] Wed, 24 November 2004 16:20 Go to next message
Larry
I have a question that Oracle launches security patches for oracle production frequently. 2 or 3 months launches a security patch. You know, some enterprise company have a lot of oracle databases within their environments. in our company, more than 30 hosts running Oracle database. so, Apply Oracle patch and security patch become a heavy job. anybody can tell me how to implement it efficiency.
Re: Oracle Security Patch issue [message #63917 is a reply to message #63913] Wed, 24 November 2004 22:51 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

This is indeed a major concern. You may want to consider the following:

1. Make sure you really need those patches before installing them.

2. Prioritize, and patch only the most important databases. Systems that are directly connected to the Internet or other companies, should be patched immediately!

3. Bundle patches into larger chunks and rollout whenever you can get downtime.

4. Customers running old versions of Oracle must be told that they pose a security risk to your company (especially those databases that interfaces to other databases/systems).

5. Consider buying the Oracle EM Configuration Management Pack (or a third party tool) to help you deploy patches quicker (Oracle 10g only).

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Windows authentication to access oracle 9i database
Next Topic: Defaulting an account to another accounts schema?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:24:58 CDT 2024