Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to audit dml operations to tables which include old value ,new value without using dml triggers
How to audit dml operations to tables which include old value ,new value without using dml triggers [message #61019] Sun, 21 March 2004 00:16 Go to next message
sohel
Hello........

Someone please help me. Is there any way for logging changes made to tables including old value and new value without using the pre post insert,update or delete trigger? I know something about built in audit feature but not clear about that. There is a command - 'Audit insert,update,delete on scott.emp ' which activate audit feature for auditing insert,update or delete operation on emp table in scott schema. But I am not sure how much information about an dml operation I can get with this audit feature activated and where to look for the audited informations from this utility.I mean specificly ,in which dictionary view i should look for the audited informations. Will I get the old and new values for an updation in the dictionary view ?

I will be really grateful for any solution. Many thanks in advance.
Re: How to audit dml operations to tables which include old value ,new value without using dml trigg [message #61020 is a reply to message #61019] Sun, 21 March 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
try to see Workspace Manager for Oracle 9. I think that this is what you want.
Re: How to audit dml operations to tables which include old value ,new value without using dml trigg [message #61021 is a reply to message #61019] Sun, 21 March 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Hi ,
Auditing doesnt store old&new values of the records. You can turn on auditing and query dba/user_audit_trail etc to get user,operation,date etc. Have a look at the following post for table versioning.

Workspace Manager

-Thiru

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to audit dml operations to tables which include old value ,new value without using dml trigg [message #61026 is a reply to message #61021] Sun, 21 March 2004 17:28 Go to previous message
sohel
Hello........thanks a lot to you.
Previous Topic: Auditing
Next Topic: Tables - roles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:48:12 CDT 2024