Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » upon scrolling using scroll bar in a stacked canvas. stacked canvas upon this screen is not moving (oracle forms 6i)
icon1.gif  upon scrolling using scroll bar in a stacked canvas. stacked canvas upon this screen is not moving [message #683590] Thu, 04 February 2021 10:37 Go to next message
naveen.mani@rbs.co.uk
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

I have a stacked canvas with horizontal scroll bar enabled , as the canvas is long and windows allowed as per business is smaller than canvas.

Upon this stacked screen , there is another small stacked canvas that comes into view upon click of a button. The Smaller canvas X and Y are set in property to come into
view on previous stacked canvas.

The problem I am facing now is upon scrolling down the smaller canvas is not moving, Kindly help me out.
Re: upon scrolling using scroll bar in a stacked canvas. stacked canvas upon this screen is not moving [message #683629 is a reply to message #683590] Mon, 08 February 2021 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveen.mani@rbs.co.uk
I have one more query following

In oracle forms 6i is there by any means in text item or display item can we make only a portion of text in bold format and other as normal.

Example: "This is sample text for the question."
Re: upon scrolling using scroll bar in a stacked canvas. stacked canvas upon this screen is not moving [message #683630 is a reply to message #683629] Tue, 09 February 2021 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears that you should modify stacked canvas' position as you scroll. How? Perhaps by calculating it, based on number of record that is on the top of viewable portion of the stacked canvas. Use one of :SYSTEM variables, e.g. :system.cursor_record or :system.trigger_record. You know record height, you know current position, multiply them and you'll know what value should that small stacked canvas' Y position be.

~ o ~

As of partial bold text: I don't think Forms is capable of doing that. Maybe, with a little help of Java Beans (which I know nothing about). Google for "Francois Degrelle"; he knows a lot about this stuff, maybe you'll find something useful.
Re: upon scrolling using scroll bar in a stacked canvas. stacked canvas upon this screen is not moving [message #683633 is a reply to message #683630] Tue, 09 February 2021 02:20 Go to previous message
naveen.mani@rbs.co.uk
Thank you for the help. Will try the above method. Smile
Previous Topic: Alert window Close button [ x ] to be disabled in information/caution type alerts
Next Topic: how to Import specific columns from Excel to form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:23:19 CDT 2024