Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process (RAC 11g , DB 11.2.0.4 , Oracle Linux Server 6.6)
Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process [message #631840] Tue, 20 January 2015 11:13 Go to next message
RAY_HT
Dears ,

i have production server with Oracle RAC 11g on ,Oracle Linux 6.6 and DB 11.2.0.4 , 2 Nodes

the problem is :

assigned memory is 29 GB and database configured for Automatic memory management BUT
once the users running few reports or running procedures , suddenly database down with error : out of memory
i tried to check log files for errors but i didn't find error except the following error :
kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process

i check the following parameters and herunder the values :
processes :570
sessions and transaction set according to oracle recommendation .

once the mentioned error raise , all users fail to login and both Nodes goes Idle and i have to reboot servers.

Re: Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process [message #637552 is a reply to message #631840] Wed, 20 May 2015 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pradies
Hi RAY,

Can you please confirm the parameter JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL

Re: Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process [message #637592 is a reply to message #631840] Wed, 20 May 2015 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bpeasland

You should post the entire relevant portion of the Alert Log. The kkjcre1p message is basically saying that the OS doesn't have enough configured resources to start the process. The other messages can help shed some light as to *which* resources are in short supply.

Cheers,
Brian
Re: Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process [message #637595 is a reply to message #637592] Wed, 20 May 2015 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
This thread is only 5 months old.
Re: Error: kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process [message #642133 is a reply to message #631840] Thu, 03 September 2015 08:29 Go to previous message
shirleyhu
error:unable to spawn jobq slave process . It means there is not enough physical memory on OS level .
The possible causes for this error are :too many user process started at the same time and consume a lots of memory . Users failed to log in because database may be dead . This is because when oracle background process require memory and can't be allocated then database will die .

To start diagnose ,following infor are required :
1.OS memory and database memory (sga + pga ),check if memory distribution is reasonable ?
2.Process which consume a lots memory and the number of process and total amount of memory they used . This can be found out by OSW.
3.AWR or ASH report by the time of symptom and check top event .
Previous Topic: Automatic failover in oracle 11g r2 (RAC 2 node)
Next Topic: 2 node RAC always connect to 2nd instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:20:33 CDT 2024