Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Disable/Enable a free text parameter depending on value entered in another parameter in concurrent p (R12.1.3)
Disable/Enable a free text parameter depending on value entered in another parameter in concurrent p [message #615795] Mon, 09 June 2014 05:59 Go to next message
veenadshinde@gmail.com
Hi All,

I am having the below scenario in my current assignment :

I have concurrent program say : Employee Work Schedule Interface
It has 03 parameters :
1. Run_Mode : allowed values are 03 Values : 'IMPORT_VALIDATE' , 'IMPORT_VALIDATE_INSERT , 'INSERT'.
I created an independent value set for these values.

2.& 3. : File Path and File Name : These two parameters need to be enabled only when user has chosen either 'IMPORT_VALIDATE' or 'IMPORT_VALIDATE_INSERT'.

I am not able to dynamically make file path and file name enabled depending on the value entered in run_mode (Parameter 1). The file path and file name are supposed to be free text field, (no value sets needed for them).

Please guide.
Please let me know if i have missed on any details.

P.S : I have searched through the other forums and OTn as well, they all suggest of having a Table VS which depends on the first independent parameter. But my case is of Free Text.
Thanks,
VS
Re: Disable/Enable a free text parameter depending on value entered in another parameter in concurrent p [message #616208 is a reply to message #615795] Fri, 13 June 2014 07:50 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Try to create a value set with the validation type "Special", Format Type as "Char".
In the Edit Information use the following pseudo code.
FND PLSQL "BEGIN
  IF ':$FLEX$.<<Replace with the value set of parameter 1>>' is NULL then
    NULL;
  END IF;
END;"
By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Import Dff values is No by default
Next Topic: FNLOAD DOWNLOAD to extract data from db
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:18:25 CDT 2024