Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Detail Posting into GL (Oracle R 12.1.3)
Detail Posting into GL [message #533588] Wed, 30 November 2011 12:31 Go to next message
kchaudhry
Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any users who post subledger transactions in details, such as invoice #, Vendor #, Name etc into GL?

If you do, what are the down sides for doing that. I am asking this question because, we are told that it can be done and it is more helpful to user. But I am not sure because it may take us lot of space in the system and could affect on performance.

Any suggestion will be very helpful

Thanks

Re: Detail Posting into GL [message #534061 is a reply to message #533588] Fri, 02 December 2011 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Unlike in 11i, reference columns in GL don't have these details in R12.
In the standard reports of Subledger Accounting, user transaction identifiers can be used to view such data.
But it is a performance hit.

By
Vamsi
Re: Detail Posting into GL [message #534120 is a reply to message #534061] Fri, 02 December 2011 17:22 Go to previous message
kchaudhry
Thank you very much for your reply. We will talk about it internally to see if we really want to do this since it is going to affect performance.
Previous Topic: Requisition & Purchasing Report Request
Next Topic: JSP function to submit a concurrent program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:03:32 CDT 2024