Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Need info on Inactive Session (win 10g,)
Need info on Inactive Session [message #479980] Wed, 20 October 2010 10:06 Go to next message
ultgnp
Hi,

Could someone please explain me about Inactive session.

My understanding of Inactive session is that
Quote:
A user starts a program/session, then leaves it running and idle for an extended period of time. This means you are connected to a session but neither you are running any query in that session nor you have terminated the session.

My question is,
When a user submits very large report and wait for the report to complete, the status is shown as "INACTIVE" in v$session.

If we want to disconnect all the inactive users based on
"IDLE_ TIME", will the users running very large reports get disconnected as weel?

Thanks,

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2010 10:26] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need info on Inactive Session [message #479985 is a reply to message #479980] Wed, 20 October 2010 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You are inactive when you are not currently running something for Oracle.
If your large report is a bunch of SQL statements then you are active but between the statements.

Regards
Michel
Re: Need info on Inactive Session [message #479988 is a reply to message #479985] Wed, 20 October 2010 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ultgnp
Thanks MIchel,

In case i want to disconnect all the Inactive sessions (idle_time=10 mins), will the users running heavy reports get disconnected, i mean when they are inactive (idle_time > 10 mins) between sql statements.
Re: Need info on Inactive Session [message #479990 is a reply to message #479988] Wed, 20 October 2010 10:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do you think that a report will wait 10 minutes before sending the next query?
Which kind of report is this?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Encrypt & Decrypt
Next Topic: need to encrypt a file with GPG using a pgp public key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:51:36 CDT 2024