Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Load Data into Oracle DataBase from Excel in a single hit. (Windows 2000, Oracle: 11g (11.1.0.7.0))
Load Data into Oracle DataBase from Excel in a single hit. [message #457293] Sun, 23 May 2010 03:21 Go to next message
oraranjangmailcom
Hi,

In an Excel sheet there are many blocks of Data and each block has a separate table in oracle database.
By using .net, planning to send all the blocks of data into an array and then to oracle stored procedure/package.
By using collections, I know how to load one block of data into one table(one at a time), but I am not sure how to load multiple blocks of data into one variable and then load to multiple tables.

Example:

Excel sheet has two blocks - emp & dept

emp:- 40 records, 10 fields in excel sheet
dept:- 40 records, 5 fields in excel sheet

DataBase has two tables - emp $ dept

emp:- 10 columns
dept:- 5 columns

From Excel sheet in an array both the emp and dept data.
How to hold the both tables data in an variable(oracle stored procedure), even if I am able to hold(procedure inparameter) then how to distinguish b/w tables and load according into tables.
Re: Load Data into Oracle DataBase from Excel in a single hit. [message #457295 is a reply to message #457293] Sun, 23 May 2010 04:27 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do it simple.
Use VBA (Visual Basic for Application) inside Excel and ODBC, OLE DB or OO4O... to connect to Oracle and load your tables.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2010 04:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: VB.NET AND Oracle
Next Topic: How to return data structure from stored procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:33:57 CDT 2024