Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Grant user, role
Grant user, role [message #42549] Wed, 09 April 2003 04:22 Go to next message
noor
I create a new user, eg: Betty.

I;
SQL> grant connect, resource to betty;

when I try to connect to database, it required me to grant dba to Betty then only I can acces in.

furthermore, when I login into application created, which is using sequence and procedure. Betty cannot update, insert new records in it.

can someone help me, what other grant privs that I should grant to Betty?

thanks
Re: Grant user, role [message #42553 is a reply to message #42549] Wed, 09 April 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand
Hi,

It's not just enough if you grant CONNECT priv BETTY. CONNECT will just allow BETTY to login to the database. If you need to grant DBA priv to Betty, run the foll.:

GRANT DBA TO betty;

Regarding you application error, Betty should have permissions to the tables/views/procs/packages/functions inside the database that enables it to use the application. you need to grant them as well.

Hope it's clear.
Re: Grant user, role [message #42559 is a reply to message #42549] Wed, 09 April 2003 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noor
thanks for your prompt.

what i did is for table = grant select, insert, update, delete on climate.cl_hourly to Betty;
for procs = grant execute on climate to Betty;
for sequences = create synonym at climate user database.

pls correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Grant user, role [message #42572 is a reply to message #42549] Thu, 10 April 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand
You got everything right except the sequences part...I don't know whether you typed it by mistake...

Pls let me know what exactly you meant by that...

A
Re: Grant user, role [message #42575 is a reply to message #42549] Thu, 10 April 2003 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noor
what I did is, I create a synonym for sequence table created earlier eg: sam_seq.

The sam_seq is a auto generate number for one of my col_name inside cl_hourly table. I am using Pre_insert trigger(at data block) to generate this seq num.

the synonym table I create inside climate database using the same name.

that's all.

BUT I still can't insert new record to any form(application) that are using sam_seq. Does I miss any grant command to this seq?
Re: Grant user, role [message #42578 is a reply to message #42575] Fri, 11 April 2003 07:15 Go to previous message
Anand
Make sure you create a PUBLIC SYNONYM. If you just create a synonym, only the owner can access it. And, grant privs on the sequence to PUBLIC.

Hope it helps.
Previous Topic: Oracle Security
Next Topic: Apache Tomcat Form Based Authentication, MD5 and dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.MD5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:08:05 CDT 2024