Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Application Self Service Web Application
Oracle Application Self Service Web Application [message #367277] Tue, 07 November 2000 02:19 Go to next message
Ori Assaraf
Hi,
I am running Oracle Applications R11 and trying to activate the Self-Service Web application.
Currentlly I am using the VD11 Demo application in order to learn the environment.
I am trying to navigate the Application Web pages throught IE 5.01 SP1 (Meaning IE version 5.00.3103.1000) but After logining the USer login page, I simply can not navigate to any link from there. I get the following error - "No data Found".
Starnge as it is I can do all the navigation using IE 5.01 with out the SP1 (Version 5.00.2919.6307)
I search a little bit, and found out the strangly that Oracle Application simply does not send a cookie to the first version of IE, but do send one for the second vesion of IE.
On Netscape, of course it does work...

Does any one has any idea what the hell is going on there ? Is there a PL/SQL I need to change in order to support the later version ? Anything ?
Re: Oracle Application Self Service Web Application [message #367290 is a reply to message #367277] Fri, 24 November 2000 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Brincat
No it should be ok. IE 5.0.1 is certified.
Have you tried this on other machines. Also try installing IE 5.5
Although I would suggest that if you can you should use Netscape. If you are still having problems with IE after trying other machines and upgrading your version then log a iTAR with support so we can have a more detailed look for you.
Set your browser to warn for a cookie so you know for sure it is being passed. Also look in the table ICX_SESSIONS for your login info.

Regards
Jason
Re: Oracle Application Self Service Web Application [message #367292 is a reply to message #367277] Sun, 26 November 2000 09:21 Go to previous message
Ori Assaraf
First of all, Jason, Thank you for your answer.
Second, you are right, the IE 5.01 SP1 is indeed working fine with Oracle Applications.
But, The strange thing is this:
Last week I had problems with the Oracle Applications installation on my server, so after trying to repair it and failed, I decided to install the Oracle Application again on a clean server (using the same installation discs that I did the first time).
The strange think is this - the client that has IE 5.01 SP1, which didn't manage to work on the previous time, manage to work fine now!
Strange Ah?

Any way, as a conclusion of this case, I can learn that maybe on the first time (on my first ever Oracle Application installation) I somehow manage to destroy and harm the system on a way that causes that problem.

Again, many thanks.
Previous Topic: Oracle financial consultant training course
Next Topic: Oracle Apps. 11i installation.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:16:40 CDT 2024