Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Help ! Ipconfig command unrecognized (Windows XP SP2)
Help ! Ipconfig command unrecognized [message #363405] Sat, 06 December 2008 23:07 Go to next message
asayida

Hi,

my windows cannot recognize commands from C:\Windows\system32

this happened after several installation of Oracle10G R2 client
installation (which always unsuccesfull, not all component is completely installed).

After each unsuccessful installation, I remove the C:\oracle directory and start over again.

Currently the oracle client installation in my notebook still not 100% succesfull, but I left the C:\oracle directory.

The problem arise when I go to command prompt (run cmd), windows system32 exeutables such as ipconfig cannot be recognized if it is not executed from C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory

I think, maybe a system variable or a registry value storing the path of c:\windows\system32 has been changed, which I dont know why.

Do you know how to fix the problem, so I can execute system32's executables from any directory from the command prompt?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Help ! Ipconfig command unrecognized [message #363406 is a reply to message #363405] Sat, 06 December 2008 23:43 Go to previous message
asayida

I have solved my problem.

I only need to edit system variable "path" value to %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;

then I typed echo %path%..still unchanged from previous value..so I restarted my notebook, run cmd -k/ipconfig
ad find my problem solved.

I'm sorry to previously ask without googling.

Thanks,
Ryan

Previous Topic: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
Next Topic: OracleService to stop and start database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:11:39 CDT 2024