Home » RDBMS Server » Security » What's a default role in dba_role_privs?
What's a default role in dba_role_privs? [message #334778] Fri, 18 July 2008 00:16 Go to next message
Smith_X
SELECT *
FROM dba_role_privs;

NAME 	ADM 	DEF
------	------	--------
R1 	YES	YES
R2 	NO 	YES

(sample result and code)

I notice that the return is only YES.

I try to gooel but I cannot find the answer for this vaule.

What does it mean if it is YES and NO, please?
Re: What's a default role in dba_role_privs? [message #334783 is a reply to message #334778] Fri, 18 July 2008 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I saw YES and NO in your result. Why do you mean "I notice that the return is only YES"?

By the way, what does also mean "gooel" and "vaule"? My Collins dictionary does not know them.

Regards
Michel

Re: What's a default role in dba_role_privs? [message #334784 is a reply to message #334778] Fri, 18 July 2008 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Oh I see, the question is in the title.
And the answer is in the documentation and in the view comments inline.
Quote:
DEFAULT_ROLE VARCHAR2(3) -- Role is designated as a DEFAULT ROLE for the user

It is meaningles for a grantee role or it just means it is always enabled as you want.

Regards
Michel
Re: What's a default role in dba_role_privs? [message #335093 is a reply to message #334778] Mon, 21 July 2008 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smith_X
Thank you very much for your reply Michel Cadot

Excuse me, I still not get it throughly. Would you mind if I want you to explain a little bit more, please?

Example. If I have Role_A assigns to User_A and User_B and then I make a change in Role_A to add some role in Role_A with DEFAULT_ROLE = NO. So, what does this mean??

on the other hand, if I add some role in Role_A with DEFAULT_ROLE = YES then, what's happen please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Smith_X

Re: What's a default role in dba_role_privs? [message #335111 is a reply to message #335093] Mon, 21 July 2008 01:06 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Example. If I have Role_A assigns to User_A and User_B and then I make a change in Role_A to add some role in Role_A with DEFAULT_ROLE = NO. So, what does this mean??

on the other hand, if I add some role in Role_A with DEFAULT_ROLE = YES then, what's happen please?

You don't add roles to roles with default_role yes or no. It is meaningless for a role to have a role as default or not, so you can't choose it.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: how to get which user grant system priv. to public
Next Topic: OS authentication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:21 CDT 2024