Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to import a file exported by DBA user.  () 1 Vote
How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34668] Mon, 27 December 2004 18:13 Go to next message
Santosh Kaduskar
Hi,

is it possible to import a file exported by DBA user.

as currently we want to import file in non dba user in client side.while we are creating export file on server. is there any option as we dont want to give IMP_FULL_DATABASE option to client user.

Urgeant.

Santosh.
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34672 is a reply to message #34668] Mon, 27 December 2004 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepa
If the export file was created by someone using the EXP_FULL_DATABASE role (or DBA), you can import that file only if you have the IMP_FULL_DATABASE role.
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34675 is a reply to message #34672] Mon, 27 December 2004 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Santosh Kaduskar
Thanks ...

But then ho can i solve my problem as i dont want to give IMP_FULL_DATABASE access to my user.
is there any option for this ?????????

Santosh.
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34683 is a reply to message #34675] Tue, 28 December 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil sinare

hi,

I don't have solution to this question.

You had not send any other details regarding your installation problem. If you can send that, there is possibility that someone in the forum could help you.

Regards
Anil Sinare
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34684 is a reply to message #34683] Tue, 28 December 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Santosh Kaduskar
Our client is at UK.i want to send export of some table to client on monthly basis.as i am exporting the tables by BDA user its unable to import client site giving the error "exported by some other user" that means file exported by DBA user local user canot import it. but i dont want to give IMP_FULL_DATA rights to my clients.

How should i solve this prob.

Its very urgeant.

Santosh.
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34685 is a reply to message #34684] Tue, 28 December 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil sinare

Hi Santosh,

Instead of giving IMP_FULL_DATA rights to your client, you can create DMP file of export tables as normal user (operator) not as DBA.
See, you can create user here, with the same profile as your CLIENT. Export the tables using that user and use that DMP file. Your client could easiely IMPORT such file.

Suppose I want to export two tables (EMP and DEPT) from TEST_USER schema at DATABASE1. And client user name is CLIENT_USER and database is DATABASE2.

Export command will be like -

C:> exp test_user/test_user@database1 TABLES=(EMP,DEPT) file=d:tmptest.dmp log=d:tmptest_exp.log

Now this DMP file can easiely imported by CLIENT_USER by following command -

C:>imp Client_user/Client_user@database2 file=d:tmptest.dmp log=d:tmptest_imp.log fromuser=test_user touser=client_user ignore=y

Hope this helps you to solve your problem...

Thanks and Regards
Anil Sinare
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34698 is a reply to message #34685] Tue, 28 December 2004 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Santosh Kaduskar
Thanks...

u mean i have to create new user having operator rights
its fine but table size is very big hence i cannot recreate the table in this user.
so is there any option i can take table from DBA user and export by operator user.
how i can proced for this...is there any option.

Urgeant...

Santosh.
Re: How to import a file exported by DBA user. [message #34744 is a reply to message #34698] Thu, 30 December 2004 04:05 Go to previous message
William Robertson
No, Anil's suggestion is to create a user account at your site with no objects, but with permissions that allow it to query/export the required tables from other schemas. Then you send that export file to the client site and they should be OK. I haven't tested this myself but it sounds worth a try.
Previous Topic: how to import a file exported by DBA user
Next Topic: oracle server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 09:30:09 CDT 2024